Sunday, December 15, 2013

Reading, Our Elf, and Winter Freebies, Oh My!!!


It has been a long time since I have blogged!  This sweet group of smart Kindergarteners are keeping me very busy this year.    I just finished our Fountas & Pinnell Reading Assessment on our K kiddos this past week and I was so excited that 17 of my 19 sweeties are reading at a level C or higher.  Many are reading so much higher that I was just wowed!  It is amazing to see the light coming on this time of year!  The 2 who are reading at a level B (our expectation for this time of year) - were late comers are are trying to catch up on strategies and our sight word work.    I believe that my Kindergarteners see themselves as readers from day 1 and this has helped them to grow and become more independent in their reading!     You can see the information I had shared earlier this year in my post on Our Sight Word Plan and Work.
   You also can check out my Sight Word Books on my TPT store :  Sight Word Books

It has also been a very fun week with our Elf on the Shelf Eddie.  The students were so excited to see what he had been up to each day.   I have been pleased with how they have really wanted to make sure that Eddie was impressed with good behavior too!  They have been darling angels (for the most part).   We even had one day where Eddie's friend Elfie came to play for a little while (his class was not being so nice).  The coolest part is that they are journaling everyday about Eddie's adventures and then get to partner share at the end of the day!  Some of them are so funny!   Here are some pictures of Eddie's activities!

Eddie was so tired out after decorating our ficus tree.  He left us a note telling us that Santa and the other elves loved his name the students picked out.  



Eddie had a great time playing our Candyland Sight Word game with his new friends Pete, Pigeon and Sock Monkey!   You can find my Sight Word Candyland Cards here!

Eddie enjoying the movie Elf.  He thinks Buddy is hilarious!   Of course he was enjoying one of the four food groups: Sugar!  

Eddie having a "marshmallow snowball" fight with his friend Elfie who came for a visit! 



I also wanted to share that I finally have completed my Winter Themed Math Activities.  This is a 140 page packet of great Math activities for K kiddos.  There are 20 different games and ideas including all 5 Strands of the K Math Common Core.   Here is a pic of all that is included in this great packet: 
You can find this in my TPT store here:


 Here is a Subtraction Freebie Just for you!  Just click here.

I hope that you have enjoyed this post and I am going to work hard to post more often!  I am so thankful for my followers and hope that you are encouraged and blessed as well!  

Blessings to you all!  
Angel 



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your freebie! I'm just now catching up on my blog roll, lol. ;) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete