Sunday, May 25, 2014

Top Ten Things I Want to Do This Summer

I'm linkin' up with Deanna Jump for her Ten Things I Want to do This Summer  linky party! 

1.  SPEND TIME WITH FAMILY        I am so excited to be able to spend more time with my family this summer.   For the first time in 7 years,  I am NOT teaching summer school and am looking forward to just being able to be home and be wife/mom.   I am going to cook more,  keep a cleaner house (lol) and be more available to my boys.   My oldest son is moving to OK to continue school there,  my middle son graduated this year and the youngest is 16.  Time has gone by so fast.  I want to be able to enjoy just a little extra time with each one of them.   My sweetie and I also need some time together. He has a very high stress job and we need some just fun down time together.   I can't wait.    
            
   
My crazy and silly men!  

2.  BLOG/  WORK ON TPT STORE        Of course,  I rarely am not thinking about my Kindergarten kiddos and how to create/ improve my teaching activities or ideas.  I love teaching so very much and it is at the core of my heart.    I am wanting to really begin to blog and share ideas at least once a week and to work on creating and adding new products to my TPT store.   I have had such great feedback on the products that I have created and shared and so I want to do more.  It is really a creative outlet for me.    I have some ideas for some great giveaways and would love to hear what you might be looking for/ needing from me.     You can take a look at all my products here
          


3. READ, READ, AND READ SOME MORE     I love to read and for some reason this school year I have really not done much.  I think I as I am getting older,  I just start to fall asleep as soon as I start reading.   :  )      Here are some of the just for fun books that I want to read :    

Bridge to Haven 
          



I love Francine Rivers and can't wait to read this book.  I also want to reread  Redeeming Love.  So encouraging and uplifting.    

As far as professional books,  I want to read: 


Classroom Discussions:  Using Math Talk to Help Students Learn.    
This is an area where I really want to grow.  I feel very confident in teaching Readers and Writers Workshop,  but sometime's this is how I feel when it comes to teaching math!   
4.  CLASSROOM PROJECTS      I learned that I will be switching to a larger classroom next year (doubling the size I had).  WOOHOO!    I will be working on creating a super engaging environment.  One of the things I have done to start has been doing some trash to treasure hunting (i.e. dumpster diving).   Here are just a few of the things that I have found for FREE in my journeys.  I just can't wait to repurpose them.      I will post pictures as I get projects done.  It's going to be fun.  I am sure that I will be able to fill all that space or at least have great fun trying.  

5.    FOCUS ON HEALTH     I want to really be able to do some personal work this summer on my health.  At this point in my life,  I really want to focus on being strong and being flexible physically.  I want to kick my sugar addiction ( I got off all pop last summer)  and do some research and work on eating healthier as well as getting in more exercise.  I am not a big fan of exercise,  but really have started to feel the drain. I know it's the right thing to do.   Maybe I can find some of you who would want to work on it together.  

6.  GO TO THE THEATRE   Here in KC,  we have a wonderful theatre called the Starlight Theatre and their summer shows are looking to be awesome.  Now if I can talk my sweetie into joining me a few nights,  it would be perfect .    I am hoping to see THE WIZARD OF OZ,   THE BLUE MAN GROUP,   JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT & WE WILL ROCK YOU.    I absolutely love the theatre and it is always a good time.  
   

7.   HEADING SOUTH    It's one of the most beautiful places on God's green earth.   I grew up in a small town in ARKANSAS and am hoping to get to spend a few weekends with family,  especially my mom and sisters.  My boys tell me I never laugh like I do when I am with my sisters.    I have to admit that sometimes we get a little out there,  but it's so much fun.     They just crack me up and I have a new nephew to squeeze and love on along with many many more nieces,  nephews and even grandnieces and grandnephews.   
      

8.  GARDEN MORE       Okay so this will be a tricky one.  I absolutely do not have a green thumb,  but I so enjoy pretty flowers and landscaping.  I want to really work on this.  I have a few pinterest ideas and have been researching how to plant,  water,  etc… in containers.   So  we will see how this goes.  I have actually kept 4 pots of beautiful thriving flowers growing for about a month now.  That's about 3 weeks longer than ever before.    I'll keep you posted.   
   
         
This has been so true for me!  I have learned many many things, but seem to keep making them.    LOL 

9.   CLEAN EVERY ROOM IN MY HOUSE ONE BY ONE DECLUTTERING AS I GO.        
  Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!       

10.  WATCH MOVIES   -   I really want to catch up on a lot of movies that I have missed this past year.    Here are just a few:    
                                                 
        


         


I know,  I know  but I really want to see it!  We love the Muppets!    

I hope that you enjoy your summer and that it is filled with lots of opportunities to love,  to laugh,  to listen and to learn.      I would love to hear what your plans are for this summer as well.  Who knows,  you may give me some inspiration.  Please share in the comments what you are going to be up to.  

Blessings to you all, 
Angel  






No comments:

Post a Comment