Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Those Tricky Teens And A FREEBIE Too!

What a crazy couple of weeks.   End of quarter and grades due last week and Parent/ Teacher Conferences Thursday and Today!  I am one exhausted teacher!   Looking forward to my day off on Friday.  

I did want to share one thing we have been focusing on this week.  We began to study and learn about those "TRICKY TEENS".   I have been so impressed with my students this year and how well they are understanding numbers.   We began the year by creating number posters with all the ways to create/ represent that number.   They have been amazing!  For more on Number Talks and Math Workshops,  take a look at this link here! 

Well,   I have been so excited creating my own units and work for my students this year.    My latest unit is on the Tricky Teens.   Included in this unit are teen number posters that have the ten frames for the number and a poem to remember the number (could also make a book for students to refer to as well.  I have just been showing mine on my Smart Board for right now.     Today as we were discussing the numbers 11 and 12  and creating our number posters,  I was so excited to hear my students talking about how we could use a ten frame to show our number.  Another student said but "how can we do that when there is only room for 10 dots" and then another quickly replied back,  " I know,  we could just use two frames so that will  be a 10 and 2."  Can you say,  Woohoo!

We then did some work exploring the numbers 11 and 12.  This worksheet is the same format as used in the Exploring Numbers 1-10 Worksheets.  

During Math Workshops,  one of their favorite games was the Tricky Teen Spin and Write.   Here it is as a FREEBIE just for you:   Click here to get yours:

Here are a few pictures of what's included in the Tricky Teen Centers & Activities (Common Core Aligned) unit!


I hope that you will enjoy this post and these activities as much as I have enjoyed writing it!  If interested in more great Kindergarten ideas,  take a look here at my TpT Store!     Blessings to you and have a great rest of the evening!  I am off to bed!!!  

Angel 

No comments:

Post a Comment