Thursday, January 9, 2014

All Things Pete! It's a Groovy Sale and a Freebie just for you!

Hey friends!  I was reading Pete the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses to my kiddos AGAIN today for the umpteenth time and just thinking about how much I love PETE!!    One of my favorite activities for Pete the Cat and His Magic Sunglasses is to use it for storytelling elements.  After reading the story 2-3 times,  we discuss each of the story elements and chart them :  Character,   Setting,  Beginning,  Middle, End,  Problem and Solution.  It is a great book for these ideas.  After discussing each of the story elements, we act it out again and then students will write in their thinking journals any text to self connections that they have had. Of course during our share time,  some of these will be shared with the group!    I'm not a big worksheet kinda girl,  so no fancy products there!   Just some great class discussion and authentic learning.

 So I have decided to have a huge Pete the Cat Sale.   All 24  Pete products in my store are 20% off this Friday through Sunday!  To make it easy, after clicking on my store - take a look at the Categories list on the left hand side and click on Pete the Cat.   Of course,  take a look at all of my other products as well if you like!   : )

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Angel-Garrett
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Angel-Garrett

I had a follower ask me to create a Pete Deskplate that would match my Pete Chevron Number Line.  I thought what a great idea and did just that!   You can find them here in my TpT store:



My classroom theme this year is Getting Groovy with Pete and so I have lots of materials for prepping and charts, etc.. for Pete the Cat.     One of my favorite Products is my Pete the Cat Classroom Bundle.     It includes the Chevron Number Line with cute button ten frames and number words,  A Class Behavior Clip Chart,  Cubbie tags,  Daily 5 signs,  2D/ 3D shapes,  Desk plates and everything you need for a Super Cool Class Bulletin Board.  These are all available separately as well.  



I also love these Pete the Cat Sight Word Cards.  They include all 105 of my districts expected sight words and go along with our Kindergarten Yearly Sight Word Plan, Books, Games, etc..  Take a look at this blog post for more information about that:    Kindergarten Yearly Sight Words

Here are those Pete the Cat Sight Word Cards.  I use them for all kinds of games with my students.  We play Around the World,  Find the Sticker,  Sight Word Bang, and I use them with my Sight Word Partner Games that I have created!    They love to play Baldy!  They get to laughing so hard at their pictures they create and are learning their sight words at the same time!  




Okay, okay!   Just one more!  One of my best sellers is the





I have heard feedback from so many who have had great success using this in a small group or a literacy station with their students to help understand the difference between a letter, word, and sentence!    It is simple, but easy and has a response sheet to help students be accountable for their work!   




Thank you so much for taking a few minutes to read my blog.  I hope that you can find something useful  to help you and your students have great success!    It's a groovy thing!    Here is a Pete Freebie for you!   It's Pete the Cat   I Have,  Who Has…. Numbers from 0-31.   My kiddos love it!  


Blessings to you and have a great and groovy day! 
Angel 

Be sure to follow my Facebook page for opportunities to win free products and some great ideas! 










No comments:

Post a Comment